Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Hero's Point of View

I had someone make an interesting proclimation to me yesterday -- she said that it was a rule, a major rule in romance that you HAVE to start out in the heroine's point of view. That it was a major no no to start out in the hero's.

Well, Jason's Accord begins in the female's point of view -- but it's what starts the drama. Jason's a closet alpha -- he's got the tendencies, but he keeps them pretty bottled up until he needs them. He's really a sweet guy -- just with some issues around honesty.

But that statement kind of blew me away. There I sat thinking I'd missed something very major. Then I heard from such well known authors as Kate Douglas, Karin Tabke and Carolyn Jewel that they'd never heard of such a thing and.....their major alpha guys lead off their stories.

So, what do you think when you open a book and it starts with the guy's point of view?

No comments: